So better include expenses brought about by the daily bouts with traffic. Here are some of the things to consider and deal with due to traffic.
2. The early bird. Getting up earlier than the usual time has taken away more hours in bed. Instead of getting more quality sleep time, you’ll be waking up early and dashing out of the house just because you need to be out on the streets before traffic builds up. It will cost you an hour or two of expensive slumber.
3. It’s too late. It’s your coding day and you’ll be taking the bus to work so it means that you have to hurry so you won’t be late. If you’re driving and you were not able to leave the house early then expect to collide with the rush-hour traffic. Chances are, you’ll be late and tardiness means deduction from your salary and if this continues then it will be a sour employment record.
4. Gasoline alley. Even with the roll-backs on gasoline prices these days, traffic eats up your gasoline faster than when driving smoothly on EDSA. With the normal 10km per liter of gas as your normal consumption, expect a higher expense on fuel when driving during rush hour going to work and back.
5. Car maintenance. Vehicles do wear out even with normal driving but with a daily dose of EDSA rush hour traffic, it doubles the aging period of your car parts. Instead of quarterly check on the vehicle, it will now come to monthly checks to ensure your safety. It also means more money on maintenance cost.
6. Grab or Uber? These days, getting a cab is a struggle especially during rush hour. Cab drivers tend to ask extra just to wheel you off the messy traffic jams. For a more peaceful and safer ride, people go for Uber or Grab and enjoy the convenience. Well, it also means more meter payment and a higher fare. You’ll go for that extra cost just to get you to work or home and out of traffic.
7. More food to go. Getting stuck in evening traffic makes you hungry for dinner. Since you’re still a long way from home, grabbing a light dinner or fast food take-out means shelling out on another food expense. With these meals getting on a regular basis, expect more pounds as well.
8. Sleep deprivation. Getting home late due to traffic means less hours of sleep. Even if you wanted to hit the bed and say good night to the world, you can’t since you still have chores to do or a family to attend to. Losing hours of precious sleep can mean low immunity to disease and may affect your health. Medical check-ups cost money, more so when you get hospitalized.
All of the above scenario affects our daily lives dealing with the hassles of traffic. Driving or commuting puts a dent on your income and it should not be taken lightly. One possible way to solve this is getting your money’s worth by investing on a Makati Condo for Sale which you can call your own, right in the heart of the business district.
Megaworld Makati offers San Antonio Residence which is located at Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, very near Ayala Avenue where you are at the center of everything you need. A condo in Makati with restaurants, gym and facilities with children-friendly features within your reach and you need not go far to enjoy them. All available for you and your family’s needs. Stress and traffic-free, you will be able to have that elusive good night’s sleep.
Click here to learn more about Megaworld Makati San Antonio Residence.
This is a revise article from our advertorial which was first published in topgear.com.ph