Clutter inside a condominium unit makes life more stressful. It drains the energy and makes the blood pressure rise.
1. While cleaning the condo, put on some music.
Listen to your favorite artist. You can tune in to your favorite radio station and wipe away dirt while dancing to the beat of the music. Music therapy works! Soon you will realize that the housekeeping task is already done!
2. Donate things that you do not use or need to the charity near you.
It would be nice to help other people without compromising your needs. Old gadgets, clothes, books, etc would make other people happy while making your condo neat and in order!
3. Get all the last bits of soap in the bath room and transfer them to the sink.
You can use the bits as hand soap, instead of having them scattered inside your bath room.
4. Organize things by using baskets and containers.
If you think you cannot sort out things properly, try to label the baskets and be guided accordingly.
5. Have a calendar that contains your housekeeping tasks for a week.
You do not have to clean the whole condominium in the whole day. You can schedule things out. On a Monday, you clean the kitchen. On a Tuesday, you fix your bedroom. On a Sunday, you can proceed to the comfort room. Little by little, you can finish things up.
6. Always store vinegar and rubber bands in the house.
You do not know when you will be needing them.
7. Try the “Clean As You Go” principle every day.
Before you go away from the table, clean your mess. Before you leave the bathroom, make sure that all containers are in proper position.
8. Never ever spray insecticides when you know that someone is with you in the condo Unless you have given your full warning to everyone inside the place. Spray when you are leaving the house for a movie date! When you come back, you can continue the housekeeping job.
9. It is best to do the housekeeping in the morning when the sun is bright.
Wet things dry up immediately and spider webs are easier to be spotted in daylight (try it at night if you want to appear a fool)
10. If you hate cleaning, then minimize your mess.
Housekeeping is never fun to busy people- that is why they depend on laborers. With these simple suggestions, you can beat the mess before the mess beats you!